Brief Information About Dr. Nikhil
Dr Bhuskute qualified as doctor in 1995 from University of Mumbai. He then completed his Masters in Surgery with interest in sports injuries from the same university. After moving to UK, he completed his surgical training and gained MRCS. He further completed his post graduate training in radiology from West Yorkshire, UK. Currently he is attached to Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust. Dr. Bhuskute is a Consultant Radiologist with sub-speciality interests in Interventional Radiology Musculoskeletal radiology and Pelvic imaging He practices in all radiology modalities including CT, MRI, ultrasound and fluoroscopy. He is a member of Yorkshire Cancer Services Network for Gyanecological cancers.
Some of his publicilations are as follows :
Atlanto-occipital fusion using Hart-shill ring and cortico-cancellous bone graft.
* Bilateral progressive cystic nephroma in a 9-month-old male infant requiring renal replacement therapy. Pediatr Nephrol. 2010 Sep;25(9):1755-8.
* Discriminative MRI features of fallopian tube masses. Clin Radiol. 2009 Aug;64(8):815-31.
* Bhuskute NM and Gholve P. Anterior surgery in Thoracic Spine Tuberculosis, ALD v/s Transthoracic decompression, Bombay Hospital Journal, Volume 43 No.1, January '01.
BOOKS AND CHAPTERS :
* MRI of the Whole Body: An Illustrated Guide to Common Pathologies- in press Royal Society of Medicine Press Ltd; Ill edition ISBN-10: 1853157767.
* "Radiology of the Post operative Abdomen"- book chapter , IN PRESS publishers Springer-Verlag London Ltd.
SCIENTIFIC PRESENTATIONS :
* Evaluation of Randall's plaque theory with CT attenuation values- an observational study. Scientific paper presentation at European Society of Urogenital Radiologist, Sept'08, Munich, Germany.
* Unsuitability of abdominal aortic aneurysms for Endovascular repair. Scientific paper presentation and abstract at British Society of Interventional Radiologist Annual Meeting'05, Brighton, UK.
* MRI knee - are we overusing this service? Scientific presentation at West Midlands Radiologist Annual General Meeting, May'03, Worcester, UK.
* Review of imaging in cases of pelvic actinomycosis masquerading as gynaecological malignancy, European Society of Urogenital Radiologist, Sept’08, Munich, Germany.
* Femoroacetabular Impingement. Abstract and poster at RCR Radiology Annual Scientific Meeting Sept’07, London, UK.